제 37회 SOMATIC BALLETⓇ PEDAGOGY WORKSHOP
taught by KyungHee Kim (Ph.D., CMA, RSDE)
《During this time of ‘Social Distancing’》
Date : June 22, 29 (Mon), 2020 (via Online)
- On-Line Ballet Class for ‘Distance Learning’ -
Theme : Center Barre (Ⅰ, Ⅱ)
Goal : To improve the performance skills of all Ballet dancers.
- Cultivating the self-awareness
- Re-patterning the body memory
- Re-considering the erroneous verbal cues*;
#1: Tuck under.
#2: Tighten your buttocks.
#3: Push your heels forward.
#4: Hold your tummy in.
Contents (Ⅰ, Ⅱ) :
- Why & How to turn-out?
How to plié and etendre?
- How to rise up (relevé-up)?
- How to cambré (forward, backward, & sideward) ?
- How to port de bra?
- How to tendu & to close to 5th position (or closed position) ?
- How to lift your leg (relevé lent) ?
- How to do ‘Arabesque’ & ‘Penché Arabesque’ ?
- No Barre**
- No Mirror***
* Annemari Autere. (2013). The Feeling Balletbody. Pittsburgh: Dorrance Publishing.
** Paskevska, A. (1981). Both Side of the Mirror. Princeton: Princeton Book Company.
*** Beaumont, C., & Idzikowski, S. (1975). A Manual of the Theory and Practice of Classical Theatrical Dancing (Méthode Cecchetti). New York: Dover Publications.